10 Beauty Tips for Busy Moms
Busy Moms rarely have time for themselves. Whether we are changing diapers and scheduling feedings or driving our kids all around town for sporting events and practice, letting ourselves go is an easy habit to get into. Why? The common answer among many Moms is, “There’s no time for me.”
But, there is time. We just get caught up in our kids and their schedules so much, we choose to ignore ourselves. Yes, I said choose… Let’s face it. We do choose our kids before anything else. It’s a Mom thing and it’s quite common.
Well, it’s time to change our mindset. There actually is time to do a few things for ourselves. Below, are some quick beauty tip that will save you time and help you look flawless while you juggle it all.
10 Beauty Tips for Busy Moms
1.Cover Grey Hair with Mascara or Eyeshadow – Grey hair is common and it’s not fun to look in the mirror and see those wiry grey hairs pop up. Some women like to pull them out but what happens when your roots are full of grey? If your hair is black, a touch of mascara will help hide the grey. For other hair colors, use eyeshadow on those grey spots. Bonus Tip: This trick also makes hair look thicker when applying it to the scalp.
2.Apply Chapstick to Eyeliner for a Smokey Eye – Eyeliner can look quite harsh and if not applied correctly, it can look too harsh. Especially, if it’s black. To soften your eyeliner, apply a touch of chapstick to your finger and gently rub it across the eyeliner line to soften it just a touch. Be careful, a little bit goes a long way.
3. Soothe Irritated Skin with Oatmeal – This isn’t a quick hack, but it is one that can help irritated skin. Take two tablespoons of oatmeal, three tablespoons of yogurt (no fruit), and add lemon juice. Mix into a paste. Apply this to your irritated skin areas and let sit for 10 minutes. Gently rinse with warm water and pat dry. Do this daily until the irritation goes away.
4. Mix Concealer with Moisturizer for DIY Foundation – So you finally have some time to do your makeup but you’re out of foundation. What do you do? Don’t panic. On the back of your hand, mix moisturizer with concealer until it’s all one shade. The moisturizer will break down the thickness of the concealer, can be applied easily, and give great coverage.
5. Use Green Tea to Depuff Eyes – Green tea has anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, and antioxidant properties which makes it beneficial for the skin. The quickest way to de-puffing your eyes is to apply two cold green-tea bags to your eyes for five or six minutes.
6. Sleep with Head Elevated to Avoid a Puffy Face in the Morning – If you drink plenty of water and refrain from eating salty foods yet you still can’t figure out why your face is puffy in the morning, try changing your sleep position. Be sure to sleep with your head elevated above your heart. This too prevents puffiness. Sleeping with your head elevated keeps blood moving freely through your body as you sleep and prevents fluids from settling in your face. If you do this, you may not need the green tea bags in #5.
7.Use a Long Lasting Lipstick – A long-wearing lipstick is perfect for Moms who don’t have the time to reapply. Many long-wearing lipsticks and liquid matte lipsticks can last anywhere from 4-8 hours without smudging or diminishing. It’s literally the best invention ever.
8. Use a Boar Bristle Brush to Smooth Fly Aways – If it’s ponytail or bun day and you just hate those fly away hairs, try using a boar hair brush. The boar hair bristles easily smooth hair down and magically make them comply. It’s the perfect solution.
9. Use Coconut Oil on Cuticles – Everyone should have coconut oil in their pantry AND in their beauty closet. There are so many great uses for it! One great tip is to apply it to your cuticles to cure the dry, white skin around your nails and toenails. It’s perfect for healing dry, cracking skin too on cuticles, elbows and heels.
10.Use Dry Shampoo and Wash Hair Less – Dry shampoo makes those, “I don’t have time to wash my hair” days a whole lot easier. Shake can before use, spray at the root where hair is oily and flat. You’ll immediately see life come back into your hair and those greasy roots disappear!